PRCHN Communications Intern
The Prevention Research Center for Healthy Neighborhoods seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist with marketing, communications, and training efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of communications while working in a casual work environment. The PRCHN Communications Internship is a professional skills internship to assist the Director of Research Operations in implementing organizational communications and marketing strategies. The Communications Intern will work independently and in a team to fulfill organizational goals and initiatives related to programming and events.
- Completed or working toward a college degree (junior level and up), preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, Advertising or Public Relations)
- Firm grasp of social media tools and platforms including Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications a plus
- Understanding of the basic principles of public relations and/or marketing
- Proficiency in Canva, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop highly desired.
- Knowledge of HTML, website content management and graphic design a plus
- Possess excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Genuine enthusiasm for creating compelling marketing materials to support PRCHN
- Self-starter, good time management, creative, with ability to communicate in a professional manner
- Ability to work well independently, and within a team
- Assist in planning, writing and managing e-blasts and e-newsletters.
- Update organization website using WordPress with current events, relevant news, etc.
- Design event/program fliers, graphics and other marketing material
- Update all bulletin boards around building on an ongoing basis
- Update and maintain PRCHN’s social media presence, including daily monitoring, posting,scheduling and reporting Facebook and Twitter updates
- Provide input for creative marketing strategies and social media campaigns
- Manage editorial and event calendars
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and tools for marketing and communications
The Prevention Research Center for Healthy Neighborhoods is looking for a graduate student assistant to join our team and serve the role of the Training & Mentoring Coordinator. This position will coordinate the summer internship training program and also provide administrative support to the center related to other training and mentoring activities.
- Coordinate, supervise, and publicize the PRCHN internship training program.
- Serve as point of contact for all PRCHN training opportunities (internships, capstones, practicums), student inquiries, and hires.
- Manage the internship application and hiring process and develop training and project schedules
- Maintain hours, payroll, and mileage figures for tracking and budgeting. Collect and track relevant training and mentoring program metrics
- Establish and engage PRCHN Trainee Alumni Network
- Conduct intern orientation(s); prepare materials (including printed manuals and PPT presentation) and orient interns to PRCHN, projects, and preceptors.
- Organize the final intern presentations, work with students to prepare their presentations, communicate with PRCHN staff and faculty of scheduled presentations, advertise and organize the day of the event.
- Oversee the evaluation process; conduct exit interviews with each intern with preceptors, develop documentation process for summarizing experiences, and provide feedback to improve the program.
Hours and Pay
The graduate assistant will work 20 hours a week between the hours 8AM-5PM. Hourly wage of $16-17 depending on experience.
Directions to Apply
Apply on at https://redcap.case.edu/surveys/?s=XXR44THPLLL4JX9M